Thursday, June 11, 2009

Aunt Mona's Family Recipe Strawberry Cake

I made a cake last night. Wait. Thats not right. I made the best cake of my life last night.

I jumped in a recipe tree bandwagon in college and ended up getting this recipe from my friend Laura's Aunt. I think Laura was the only friend that actually participated. Thanks friends.

Here it is. The BEST strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese icing. I kid you not. 

CAKE
1 Box of White Cake Mix (I used French Vanilla Cake Mix)
1 lb. Frozen Strawberries (thawed and well-drained)
1 Box of Strawberry Jello Gelatin Mix
1/4 Cup of Water
3/4 Cup Wesson oil
4 Eggs

Mix cake mix and jello mix together.
In a separate bowl mix together water, oil and eggs. After that's well mixed, add it to the dry ingredients. Fold in 1/2 the package of strawberries...Use mixer to blend.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes and let cool completely. (Always important)

ICING
1 (or 2) boxes of confectioners sugar
1 stick of butter
1/2 the bag of drained strawberries, or fresh
Cream Cheese Optional (Thats what is said on the recipe, but cream cheese is NEVER optional. It is VITAL!)

Just mix all of this together! I actually used a food processor for the strawberries and it worked great! Use the strawberries sparingly. It makes the icing really liquidy. 
And then frost your little heart out!

I wish I had taken pictures, but it just eaten so quickly by my ravenous co-workers that I didn't have time. 

Disclaimer: This is NOT a credit to my baking skills. The recipe is just that good!

2 comments:

  1. I think I will give this a try this weekend. Sounds like it tastes like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try it. Strawberry cake is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete