Thursday, October 29, 2009

For my little room, thats a lot of mouse!!

We all know New York City isn't the cleanest city. The city of lights? Sure! Home of Broadway? Oh yea! Mice and roach free? HARDLY THE CASE.

It started like any normal night. With my door closed, I sat on my petite twin bed, catching up on emails....ahem....facebooking.....when I saw a flash of movement towards my door. I look down. Skirting around the corner of my sisal rug, I see a mouse. A large gray mouse. In my room. In my TINY room. You can imagine my verbal response.

Before I could drop another 4 letter word, I was out of my room like a bat out of hell. Thankfully there was a roommate home. She advised me to call Joe, the Super. It's 10:20. Too late?

Never too late when there's a mouse in your room.

I call. Leave a message. Pace outside my closed bedroom door with my Uggs on and a broom in my hand. No word from Joe.

I call my parents. "There's a mouse in my room", I say in a sad resolved tone. "Oh no! Well we're in the drive through at Taco Bell, can we call you back?"

Click.

Still pacing outside my room. I decide I must face the mouse. As roommate LindsayAnn just pointed out, I am MUCH bigger than it. I should find comfort in this. She offers to be my wingman.

Gun's a blazing we stomp our way into the room, banging the broom on everything. Maybe it will scurry out of my room and into some other area of the apartment. One might say, "But then it's lost in your apartment!" My response, "Yes. That means its no longer IN MY TINY ROOM!"

We find nothing. Not even a twitch of my bedskirt.

Ah. Nothing left to do at this point. Guess I'll wait to talk to Joe the super tomorrow morning. As for now, I'm sitting still and quietly on my bed. Uggs still on. Daring that rodent to flee from my room...


****I just published this post when THE MOUSE RAN OUT OF MY ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's safely into the kitchen. Mice in the kitchen are equally, if not more, disgusting, but I can rest easily now. PTL.

sleep tight.

5 comments:

  1. Loved it! And, I thought you were wearing the Uggs to keep your feet warm... hahahahahhahahaaha

    Hey, at least we don't have rats...! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. i can totally see it. love it. hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it! So funny! Thanks for busting us about the Taco Bell. I bet they have mice too? love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bad, I thought you were talking about your laptop accessory. You said "mouse in my room", and Mom and I assumed you weren't using your touch pad any more. Of course, us crunching through those crispy tacos made it hard to hear you real well. Hope you got that computer stuff working okay! Luvs, Dads

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahahaaaaaa i just read this...and i'm laughing even more at your dad! too funny.
    so...where's the mouse now?

    ReplyDelete