Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 23rd, 2010


A couple of months ago I had the ridiculous (in a good way!) opportunity to try my interior design skills on the new HGTV show, First Time Design. To say I had a ball would be an understatement. I loved everything about that whirlwind week in LA - picking out paint colors, strolling through the aisles of Ikea, running errands like a crazy lady.... you know I really didn't even mind the camera crews following me around either! (I unpacked the emotions of the experience a little here if you need some context.)

All that to say, if you're looking for something to do on January 23rd at ohhhhhh say 2:30pm eastern time, then you might want to watch HGTV to see how it turns out!

You can read more here, if you like!

7 comments:

  1. Guess you can update that last line in your About Me bio above.
    Congrats Han, it's gonna be a fun day for sure. This whole experience reminds me of having kids -- nine months of talking about it, :30 minutes of life-changing, action-packed thrills Luvs, Dads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well look at you, you little "spunky amateur".... ahh - can't wait to watch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "spunky amateaur" indeed!! So very excited for you! Can't wait to see how your room turned out! love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for you! Would love to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo!!! Of COURSE you will "rise to the occasion"!! How could they even pose such a silly question?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just found your blog! and i wanted to watch the episode but we were en route to a wedding! do you have the video, or is it posted anywhere online? love you!
    Sarah Robins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah! You did an awesome job! I watch HGTV faithfully but rarely get to see Saturday afternoon shows and I just happened upon this one!! I loved it!! I wish you could come decorate my apartment and/or stage my home to sell in Greensboro!!! I need a pretty & happy place to come home to! Would you post pics of your apartment? It looked beautifully decorated from the clips they showed. Knew you had to be from the south when you said y'all on the show.. I'm a Birmingham/Samford girl myself (but old now, no longer a girl)=)

    ReplyDelete