Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Part II: Remember when I was on HGTV...



So we've made it through half way through the week.


Thursday, October 1, 2009

  • Work Day and errand running with Rob (a production guy) and Daniela (a producer)
  • I'm loving this whole process. I get the biggest kick out of the crew. They are so great and helpful. The teamwork is is unbelievable.
  • Take a 5 Hour Engergy Shot with Rob and Daniela. It was my first. It does nothing but make us feel sick. Ha.
  • Lots of errands. Which I'm eating up. Living in New York, you don't have the luxury of just jumping in the car and driving to Walmart or Ikea. But in LA, you do! We venture to Ikea. I make Rob and Daniela get hot dogs and cinnamon rolls at the Ikea Cafe. It makes me laugh to even type that. Finally the gross feeling from the 5 hour energy subsided.
  • Stop by the house. Check out the fabulous progress and head back to the hotel!
  • Ivy and I have a fun dinner across the street and process through EVERYTHING. I love having her here. It sounds corny, but it was the biggest blessing.

Friday, October 2, 2009
  • What in the world. When did the week happen? How is it already Friday?
  • Final day of shopping. Off camera. We hit up Home Depot, Home Goods, the Walmart... I even have room in the budget for a giant flat screen TV! woo woo.
  • I feel like I hit my stride today. Everything is bought. The room is progressing so nicely! The crew and I are now friends, and not just co-workers. I'm getting really sad about the experience winding down!
  • Lisa continues to pop out of no where with wonderful bits of advice. For instance, "Don't feel pressured to buy something at every store you go into. Sometimes, you need to just shop for inspiration!"
  • Almost paint this beautiful piece of Danish wood furniture the homeowners have. What color? Lacquer royal blue. But I decide not to. You're welcome Shea Family.
  • The day is dwindling. We make an ice cream run and wrap things up. I decompress and make a to do list with my 2 producers. While we are sitting at the kitchen table we start hearing very questionable noises coming from the empty upstairs. Surely its the cats... Or is it? We get creeped out. Time to go!
  • Get back to the hotel and hear about Ivy's day. She was gallivanting all around the city! Such a big girl!

This is the only picture of us from the whole week. Ha.


Saturday, October 3, 2009
  • It's the reveal day!
  • For the first time, I'm stressed. It's a little chaotic. But we manage. Hope I wasn't too sassy with anyone.
  • The next few hours are a bit of a blur. The weather was crisp and lovely. The reveal was exactly what I hoped for! Everyone was so kind and affirming. In my final end of day filming, I almost teared up! Which, if you know me, is a big deal. I'm not a crier. I was relieved everything came together. So full from this experience. It was ALL and more than I had hoped for. So thankful.
  • I have the rest of the day with Ivy! We drive into Santa Monica and meet one of my crew friends for mexican. We walk around. Shop. Laugh. Talk. It was a perfect last chapter of my LA experience.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
  • Ivy leaves at the crack of dawn.
  • I leave around 11am.
  • Goodbye for now HGTV experience! Hope to see you again!

Ok kids. I think I'm finally done talking about this experience. I'm sure you're relieved. If you missed the final product, although I don't know how you could with all of this constant blogging of mine, you can watch it right here.

Let me know if I missed anything!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah! This is Susan (Scott) Carothers. I saw you on HGTV and you were amazing! I found your blog on FB and I loved reading about all the details. I'm so proud to know you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! Great stuff, you rocked it!
    I am a carpenter here in NYC, and pretty tight with HGTV, close to creating a show...
    I am blogging the process - "The Making of a Home Renovation Show".
    http://briankelseytvrenovation.blogspot.com/
    How FUN is it working a show, great right?
    Anyway, I enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete