Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Best Valentines Ever

After my somewhat grumpy Banana on Fire spiel, I felt the need to vouch for New York's goodness. So, before you mark this post as read on your reader, I want to tell you about the down right unbelievable event I was part of on Valentines.


It's called the Reveal Valentine's Day Makeover. Reveal is a grass roots movement of NYC industry professionals who come together to celebrate women recovering from abuse and sex exploitation. Reveal marries NY Fashion Week with the modern-day Cinderella Story by providing professional one-on-one consultation in fashion, beauty, skincare and hair. The goal? To corporately and intentionally help women feel beautiful, loved and chosen. No strings attached.

(This description was loosely adapted from the Reveal Blog. Go Check it out!)

What a day! Working the registration table, I had a great view of the entire operation. All day women walked through the door and were swooped up by their designated host and sweetly ushered from station to station. These women were beautiful before they ever walked through the door of Reveal. But let me tell you, they were glowing, stunning, confident BEAUTIFUL when they left. I'm thankful to have played even a small part in such a meaningful organization.

Take a minute and watch the video.

It will be time well spent, I assure you.




Reveal Valentine's Makeover 2010 from Reveal NYC on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment