Thursday, May 6, 2010

Long Overdue!

Updates for you!

LAST WEEKEND
My dad and sister were in town last weekend for a project we are working on. The weekend was full of furniture, New York and schlepping. We had a ball! I'm sure this is annoyingly vague to read, but I'll have more details soon! For now I leave you with this picture of us with my dads head cut off. Thank you cab driver man for your photography skills.



DESIGN*SPONGE - DESIGN ON A DIME

This weekend, during our ambiguous furniture searching project, I picked up this promo. Housing Works is the coolest thrift-with-a-cause store. Seriously great stuff! I looked into the event, but it was out of my price range. Oh well, I'll watch from a distance!



But wait! Just the other day, I noticed Design*Sponge holding a contest for thrift store finds from their readers. The 5 winners get a ticket to the snazzy event! With 30 minutes left before the deadline last night, I applied! And.....


I was chosen! I'm the one in the yellow frame looking extra "photo bloggy." I'm not trying to be cool, I just couldn't get a decent picture of my thrift store mirror without me in it. Ha. You can read the article here! Can't wait for tonight's event. I'll keep you posted! Pun intended ;)

Design*Sponge is my favorite daily read, I'm so thankful to be included! Thanks Design*Sponge!!


All the updates for now. Back to work. Have a good Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Loved your submission to Design*Sponge and I figured you must have a blog! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Design Sponge??!! You are unbelievable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygoodness! This is so exciting! Congrats, congrats friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!!! That is VERY exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!!!! Annelise, just added you to my reader! Excited to read up on you too!

    ReplyDelete