Monday, April 19, 2010

Benny Boy

Little brother Benny turns 20 today!


Look at that punk.
And his sister from Jersey Shore. Ha.



John Bennett Flora, the youngest and only boy of the 3 Flora kids, is twenty. My goodness!

This is the kid who at the age of 3, would come into my room at night and say "Hannah... can I sleep in your bed?"

7 year old Hannah would reply "Ben. Ugh. Go ask Gracie first."

Little Benny would shuffle over to 5 year old Gracie's room.
After a few moments of silence, I would hear, "BEN. Get out of my room!"

Feeling a little sad and guilty that I had sent such a helpless kid into the lions den, I would let him sleep in my bed. This routine went on for at least a year.

This is also the kid who had more head injuries than you could count on one hand before the age of 10.

Also the kid who turned out to be pretty good at baseball.

Oh, and yep, the same kid that hates talking on the phone but has the most dry and clever wit when he finally gets to talking.


All this to say, I love this little brother of mine, quirks and all.
Happy Birthday John Bennett!



No comments:

Post a Comment